How is your weekend going?
I’ve been so busy, I’ve not even had time for my skin but today I felt the need to give my skin some good treats.
I currently don’t have any regular mask. So I decided to make do of what I found in my kitchen. And to my surprise it turned out so well…
You guys know how much I love natural products right? And you know I love DIYs too. If you don’t, now you do.
What I like most about this mask is that it is completely safe since it has no chemical preservatives and all. Plus It goes directly to the skin…
What you need;
• Milk (Evaporated/Powdered)
• Olive oil
Each of this ingredient is packed with its own amazing benefits; Honey heals the skin and also acts as an antibacterial, protecting your skin. Coffee exfoliates, tightens and brightens the skin. Milk repairs and brightens the skin and Olive oil cleanses and protects your skin . There a lot more benefits to this.
So this is my real face yo!
- A teaspoon of honey
- Add half spoon of ground coffee.
- Mix it together.
- Add a teaspoon of milk (I used evaporated milk, but you can use milk powder if that’s what you have).
- Mix thoroughly until it dissolves.
– You can leave it for a while to dissolve totally.
– You might want to add a drop of olive oil, if you have dry skin.
- Add another teaspoon of milk.
- Prep – Exfoliate your skin in preparation. I used Eden Apricot scrub, it’s my favorite for the moment. Exfoliation is optional but it is very important, see why here as well my review on the scrub.
You shouldn’t clean your face completely dry, i.e leave a little water so the mask can penetrate easily into the skin.
- Apply the mask all over your face.
- Rinse off with warm water after 15-30mins (Tip: Use that time to do something tangible ).
Moisturize; I used olive oil to moisturize.
I love the result, so I’ll be using this mask regularly, since I currently don’t have any regular facial mask.
PS: It tastes really nice too. Yes I tasted it!
PS: None of the pictures with my face is edited. So you can be sure of the results.
What do you think of the mask? And it’s result? Have you used something similar? How was your experience?
Do share your thoughts, I’d love to hear from you.
With Love, Lydia.